Night, Overnight or Sleepover Care
Do you need assistance at night? Company at night?
Who uses overnight home care
- Those who don’t want to be alone at night
- Those who wake at night and need assistance
- Anyone who is at risk of falling
Night care is particularly beneficial when:
- regular evening medications are required
- an evening meal and breakfast are required
- peace of mind is required at night
Importantly, overnight care is useful when the primary carer needs to get a good night sleep or is absent from the home for any reason, ie hospitalisation or holidays.
3 Different types of night care
1. Inactive overnight care
The carer is provided with a bed and is on hand if requested – but can generally expect to get a reasonable night’s sleep, providing reassurance to relieve the anxiety of being alone at night.
2. Active night care
The carer is awake and “on duty” throughout the night.
3. Around the clock care
Three carers cover 24 hours on rotational 8-hour shifts
Active sleepover or overnight care
This is an excellent option following hospitalisation and is also ideal for clients who:
- wake at regular intervals during the night to change position due to pain
- suffer insomnia, Parkinson’s , dementia and need reassurance at night
- need regular medication throughout the night
- may have dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, insomnia or may be terminally ill.
Around the clock care
Sometimes clients returning home following a major operation may require 24/7 live-in care for a short time to assist in their recovery.
When clients require a high level of care on a 1:1 basis over 24 hours, carers are on active duty for 24 hours each day. Three carers cover 24 hours on rotational 8-hour shifts. Rates for this service are charged on an hourly basis.
Please call us to discuss your specific needs and which level of service would be most appropriate.