Post Hospital / Rehab Care
Do you have someone to take you home? Would you rather recover at home?
Hospital to home care
On the day of discharge, your wellbeing is our priority. We can:
- pick you up from hospital, drive you home and help you settle in
- stop at the shops to pick up some groceries and personal supplies etc.
- cook a nutritious meal and provide companionship
- make calls to family and friends to tell them you are home safely
We can even water your plants – and pick up your pets.
Would you rather recover at home?
Most people are keen to leave hospital as soon as they can and return to their own familiar surroundings.
We can devise a plan to you as much or as little support to make your transition home as safe and pleasant as possible.
We can be with you for the first few hours at home or we can be there for an extended period – daytime, night-time or even live-in.
The first 72 hours are critical for post-operative patients
Sometimes tour family may feel confused and helpless. Our carers are there to manage the transition, provide a little more support and a friendly face. We can:
- Offer physical and emotional support from the same carer on an ongoing basis
- Assistance with the daily living activities of personal care including showering, dressing, toileting, personal grooming, assistance with mobility aids
- Medication prompting
- Give relaxing hand and foot massage
- Get you get back on your feet by encouraging regular exercise
- Supervise prescribed exercise and recuperative regimes from physio etc
A return home usually means the beginning of a whole new routine
One of the leading causes of hospital readmission, slow post hospital or rehabilitation facility recovery is the lack of care and support following discharge.
Being prepared can make the difference between a successful transition home or the risk or returning to hospital for readmission.
Our carers can also help you with:
- Light housekeeping, changing bed linen, and doing some laundry
- Meal preparation and cooking nutritious meals
- Taking you shopping, or taking your list and doing the shopping for you, bringing it home and putting away, picking up prescription’s from the pharmacy
- Helping you with your mail and assisting you with paying bills and managing medical benefit claims
- Escorting you to medical appointments, hydrotherapy & exercise programmes, chemo and radiology, social outings, hairdresser, bank, post office etc
Hospital to home rehab services
- Personal care to assist with toileting, showering, dressing and personal hygiene
- Medication prompting to ensure medications are taken at the prescribed time
- Cooking nutritious meals
- Assistance with daily living tasks including shopping, changing bed linen and light housekeeping
- Driving to social events and medical appointments
- Providing companionship & security for you and peace of mind for your family
Hospital to Home Care offers an ideal solution for those who need support until they are fit and confident enough to resume their normal lifestyle.
If you need additional services
Before you arrive home we can liaise with the hospital occupational therapist and social worker.
We can be at your home to receive a new bed or electric chair, shower chair etc. or if you need some home modifications ie. safety rails fitted in your bathroom.
We can make sure everything is fresh and clean prior to your arrival home by tidying the house and providing a clean change bed linen and towels.
We can even make sure the environment is safe by checking all electrical appliances and radio and television are working.
Who refers us
- Local GP’s, specialists & surgeons
- Social Workers
- Discharge planners
- Case Managers
- Health & Wellness professionals
- Occupational Therapists & Physiotherapists