Would you like companionship at home?
Would you like someone to take you shopping? Cook you a nutritious meal?
Would you like someone to accompany you to a social event or wedding – or travel with you?
Companion care is designed to help people stay at home and remain active in the community.
Organising and assisting with outings and trips
- Going out for lunch or the movies
- Taking you to the library or to meet a friend
- Arranging and attending appointments
Day-to-day company and support
Our experienced staff can help with:
- Reading the newspaper
- Sorting mail and writing letters
- Making shopping list and going shopping
- Making the pharmacy drop offs and pick ups
- Encouraging active thinking
- Monitoring general well being and reporting any concerns
- About the person’s life and experiences
- Talking about the person’s family
- Looking through photo albums
Encouraging and enabling activity
- Doing crafts
- Listening to music
- Playing games and cards
- Doing puzzles
- Reading the paper
- Entertaining (having the neighbour over for a cup of tea
- Assisting with light exercise
Who uses our Companions?
Companion care is often used by children who do not live near their parents to help them keep a close eye on the health and happiness of their parents.
Just as importantly, our companions help to keep people active and engaged in their favourite activities – even their local community.
Aged care companions are also helpful for all aspects of elderly care and home care. Keeping your loved ones in their own home.
For more information
Call us on 9410 0725 to discuss our companion care services